Sunday, February 6

*sigh*

It's 2:36 am. I have a microeconomics exam in exactly 7 hours and 24 mins. I should be asleep by now. Or at least doin' some extra cramming. Instead I'm blogging. Why? Because if I read another page of my boring economics book (my apologies to paul samuelson), i will just have to kill myself. Ive been staring at that book the entire day. Woke up at 1, studied til 4, took a nap, studied again til 2 am. But amidst all that frantic cramming ( i had to study 7 chapters), I managed to squeeze in some quality time with the TV.

I caught this show on Animal Planet, Cell Dogs, where they bring abused and abandoned dogs to American prisons, and have the inmates assume complete care of them, until they are ready to be adopted. The effect was absolutely amazing. Imagine these hardened criminals, who have been locked up for crimes ranging from assault to murder, cuddling puppies and talking baby talk to them. It was such a beautiful thing to see those men and their dogs responding to each other. By the time the show ended I was all choked up. Made me feel sorry for all those people who were never able to realize the joy that dogs, or even any kind of pet can bring into their lives. *sigh*

I was also able to watch Lost In Translation on HBO. It was a good film definitely, but the kind that gives you a hollow feeling inside afterward. I guess I still expect every movie to have a perfect ending. But at least I'm not naive enough to expect life to turn out that way. At least not mine. I've had enough heartbreaks to know that. *sigh again*

Hmm.. tonight seems to be turning into a sighing night for me. I'd better stop here and turn in for the night. 3:26 am... only 6 hours and 34 mins to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home