Friday, January 25

Oh No, I've Become a Fangirl

According to the urban dictionary:


Fangirl (n) - A rabid breed of human female who is obesessed with either a fictional character or an actor. Similar to the breed of fanboy. Fangirls congregate at anime conventions and livejournal. Have been known to glomp, grope, and tackle when encountering said obesessions.

Hugh Jackman: 'ello.
Fangirl: SQUEEEEEE! *immediately attaches to Jackman's leg*
Jackman: Security!

-------
I have to confess *gulp*, I've become one of them. I'm not particularly rabid, but I can't guarantee that I won't tackle Vic Zhou if I see him walking on the street anytime soon.

I've known this for quite sometime. It started with a rather unhealthy Meteor Garden obsession. On a whim, I bought the dvd and proceeded to spend every spare minute of the next five days glued to the TV set, completely immersed in the colorful and chatic world of Dao Ming Si, Shan Cai and Hua Ze Lei. I barely slept, ate my meals in front of the television, and was practically a zombie at work. And it was that first drama that did me in. Meteor Garden was followed by Mars, which then sparked my obsession with the utterly adorable, melts-my-insides, turns-me-into-a-giggly-idiot Vic Zhou. And that was it. I was a goner. Since then, I've spent practically every bit of free time watching DVDs of every Taiwanese drama I could get hold of (and a couple of Korean ones too), I've joined forums and spent countless hours watching streaming videos online. I've downloaded tons of drama soundtracks (which I then listen to on the train going to work and back) and ogled pictures not only of Vic Zhou but of Mike He, Kingone, Joe Cheng, Wu Zun, Lee Wei, etc etc. I also named my cat Zai Zai, which is Vic's nickname. And I'm learning Chinese. Seriously.

I know that conventions dictate that I should now cover my head with a paper bag, and crawl under a rock from the utter shame of becoming a fangirl. But I don't know. I can totally live with the fact that people's respect for me will go down a couple of notches when they hear that I actually listen to and like (horror of horrors) F4's music. And that I spend my time on such unworthy actions as those I've described above. Because I really haven't had this much fun in ages. :P And its getting more fun now that I've infected Phoebe with the bug (sorry Phoebs!). Finally, there's someone who won't look at me as if I've suddenly grown an extra head, when I start blabbering about my obsessions. And there's someone to watch dvds with until the wee hours. So, yay for fangirls! And to everyone else who doesn't get it, you're seriously missing out on a lot. But, of course I'd say that.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home