Saturday, June 11

thoughts on the back to school process

i should have posted these pictures weeks ago. but i was lazy. my entire summer was a sluggish blur. as far as i know i did nothing remotely productive. now im being continually jolted by reality. like an annoying poke in your side when you're in a deep dreamy sleep. and it won't stop despite the many times i try to shake off that invisible hand. reluctantly i rub my eyes and everything gradually comes into focus. there it is again, the bleakness of my life staring me in the face. my old friend accounting is back to loom over me. and there are more of them this time, like an expanding black cloud which will eventually burst out in a storm of misery right above my head. depressing i know. im in a prison of my own making. i cant help but relive the carefree days of summer. which is why these pictures are surfacing now. they will serve as a constant reminder of what i have to look forward to next summer. but until then im on survival mode. partial isolation - nose in my book, music blasting through the earphones, just an occasional smile, nod or monosyllabic response. yep that will keep me sane.

2 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger czarina said...

We guta save duhrlin cuz we're hitting the beach next year! Yes we should!!!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Chrissy said...

we definitely will. i want to be immersed in that blue water again and swim far far away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home