Tuesday, December 27

becoming a bum

I woke up at 5:30pm today. I don't know exactly what happened. I went to bed at around 6 am and the next time I opened my eyes, I was buried under a comforter and a flannel blanket and the sky was the exact same color as it was when I went to bed. Not exactly productive.

It gets worse. Upon getting up, I trudged to the next room, flopped down on the bed and proceeded to immerse myself in the cable world. At least I moved, right? Wrong. If there was a cable connection in my mom's room, I wouldn't have gotten up at all.

Pretty soon, I felt my tummy rumbling so I headed downstairs to rummage in our refrigerator. I chanced upon some leftover lengua (yum!) and with my plate piled high, went back upstairs to watch some more TV. I would probably still be in front of the TV now if my uncle hadn't come home and reclaimed his room.

Now I know why I'm getting so tubby. But, what else is there left to do? Jason's away, and has extended his absence until Friday, and all my girlfriends are either away as well or busy with their respective families. *sigh*

Oh well I refuse to continue lying around here doing nothing. Tomorrow I intend to get out, go shopping and pamper myself. Might as well get some "me" time in while everyone's enjoying themselves.

In the meantime, I've been trying to put some order into the chaos on my desk and I keep finding all sorts of interesting things I'd forgotten I had. For instance, during my second year, I must have been bored out of my mind because I found a notebook with lots or random notes written inside. It's fun to read stuff I wrote a while back because I sometimes can't even recognize my own voice. Here's me pondering gender roles. :P

I just remembered something I said yesterday about women becoming the dominating force. I said that whenever a woman lets a guy take control of the situation, he just fucks it up and the women are left to clean up the mess, so it's better just to let us take control from the start. When guys are allowed to dominate women, they go on this macho trip, the woman is seen as a weakling and everything else falls apart. As opposed to when a woman is in control, everything is organized and things are taken care of. But, as with all things, there is a balance to the amount of power a woman should wield. If she's too weak, the man becomes disgusted and goes off to find other women. If she's too dominating, the man still runs off to find someone else. Smart women know how to achieve the balance. You have to let the man think that you're a vulnerable, innocent thing who still needs to be taken care of and let him have his way concerning small, unimportant things. That way, he gets to keep his masculinity. But, you also have to keep him in line. You hold the cards, you call the shots. Just don't let him know it. That way everyone's happy.

I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this. Must have been during the peak of my feminist days. Anyway, I'm off to bed, again. Let's hope I wake up earlier than 5:30. I'll consider it a triumph if I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home