Monday, December 26

my turn to be emo

Maybe Santa thought I was naughty this year. Or maybe I'm just trying to rationalize my disappointing Christmas. I was trying so hard to be happy today. And I almost succeeded. Despite the fact that Jason's all the way in Bacolod and won't be back until Wednesday, I was still doing pretty well. We went to visit my cousins in Cavite and did all the things we usually do when we go there: play with the kids and eat a lot. But on the way home, my uncle brought up the possibility of us moving to another house and my mood just sort of crumbled.

I've lived in this house all my life (actually at the house next door, but it's the same thing) and I don't want to move away. I love living 15 minutes away from my school. I love that Mini-Stop and Grill Queen is just across the street from us. I love how our house seems to be near everything essential, especially Sikatuna. And most of all, I love that half of my family lives on the other side of the wall. How can I bear moving away from my nana? And who will Dave run to when he gets into a fight with his mom? And when will I ever see Moe?

But at the same time, I have to consider that there are valid reasons for moving out of this house. I just don't want to face them just yet. I guess I should be happy that they at least want to consult with me. At least my opinion has some sort of weight. But I wish the proof of this had come at some other time. I want to be able to act childish and throw a tantrum. But we all learn at some time or another we don't always get what we want. It just so happened that my time came today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home