Sunday, January 8

the simplest answer is often the best one

Francisco: "... if you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of this strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down on his shoulders - what would you tell him to do?"

Henry: "I... don't know. What... could he do? What would you tell him?"

Francisco: "To shrug."

-conversation between Francisco d'Anconia and Henry Rearden
Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand

---

I wish I could quote every single word in this book that fired my mind but that would be the post that went on forever. Or at least for a few hundred pages. This is the book I wish everyone would read. It's more than a thousand pages of tiny writing but so worth it. I'm not even halfway through it and already I'm raving about it. I hope my mind won't explode before I finish it. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home